Are you interested in a metal finishing job in the manufacturing industry? If you are and you live near Phoenix, Arizona, you might want to know: Does CRC Surface Technologies hire felons?
Successful Release knows the answer — we contact all employers directly to ask about their felon-hiring policy. Many of us have had trouble with the law ourselves, or we’ve helped ex-offenders get their lives back on track, so we know how to look for work with a criminal record. We’re driven to provide answers to the questions you have, like:
- Does CRC Surface Technologies do background checks or not?
- How do I make my application stand out?
- What are some tips for how to get a job at CRC Surface Technologies with a felony?
Does CRC Surface Technologies hire felons?
Official company policy for hiring felons
CRC Surface Technologies told us that they hire felons on a “case-by-case basis.”
Has CRC Surface Technologies hired felons in the past?
Honestly, we can’t say for sure and we can find nothing online to say one way or another. However, they probably have based on what they told us about their current policy.
Does CRC Surface Technologies hire people with misdemeanors?
We don’t know definitely, but there’s a good chance that they hire people with misdemeanors if they hire former felons.
Is CRC Surface Technologies on the Ban the Box list?
No, they’re not on the Ban the Box list. This program can help you apply for work when you’re an ex-offender. That’s because employers on this list say that they won’t look at your past offenses until they decide to offer you a job. You can usually spot these companies when you fill in a job application because they don’t ask you if you have a criminal record.
Another initiative that assists former felons in the job hunt is the Fair Chance Business Pledge. Businesses that take the Pledge promise to treat felons the same as those who haven’t been in trouble with the law. Unfortunately, CRC Surface Technologies doesn’t support the Pledge either.
Does CRC Surface Technologies have special programs for hiring felons?
If you’re wondering does CRC Surface Technologies hire people with misdemeanors or felonies through a special program, the answer is no.
What are the odds someone with a felony will get hired?
We believe your odds to get a job at CRC Surface Technologies with a felony are average. Here’s why:
- The company doesn’t support any felon-friendly initiatives such as:
- Ban the Box.
- The Fair Chance Business Pledge.
- Special programs for hiring felons.
- They told us that they do hire ex-offenders — but on a case-by-case basis.
- There’s no information online from employees saying that the company either hires ex-felons or doesn’t.
What are some entry-level jobs?
These are some examples of entry-level jobs that don’t require a high school diploma:
Racker — Fastens aluminum parts to specialized racks per instructions.
General Plate Operator — Immerses parts in “plating” or metal coating solutions, and assigns work to process helpers.
To apply for jobs in the examples below, you’ll need to have a High School diploma or equivalent:
Process Helper — Assists rackers and plating operators in chemical processing.
Masker — Covers or “masks” areas that do not need finishing material applied during the metal finishing process. Note that you must have some related job experience as well.
How to get hired at CRC Surface Technologies with a felony
Read their careers overview page to learn what the company says about working for them. You will also learn what employee benefits they offer. As well, they say that they’re an equal opportunity employer.
This quote from their website tells you a bit about what they expect from their workers:
“We will build and maintain an environment of mutual understanding in which each employee knows that his or her personal contribution to the team effort is needed to achieve our goals and objectives.”
In other words, they put a high value on teamwork. This is important to know when you write your resume and here’s how you can use it:
- Highlight any experience working closely with others.
- Assembly and manufacturing jobs will put you ahead because they show you can work on a crew.
- Have you ever been part of a sports team or played in a band? You have coordination skills and understand when to lend a hand.
- What about volunteer work? Volunteering always looks good on a resume! For you, though, it’s especially good to talk about when you helped during a crisis. What a team player!
- Finally, you might have had a job inside where you had to cooperate with others. What better way to show you can keep your cool under pressure?
- Use phrases like “supported coworkers to”, “participated with other volunteers in”, and “worked together with other inmates to” when talking about your experience.
When you land an interview, here are some tips for how to get hired at CRC Surface Technologies:
- Re-read your resume the night before so that you’re ready to talk about your skills.
- Think of a good answer to these questions that many interviewers start with:
- Why do you want to work for CRC Surface Technologies?
- Tell us about yourself.
- Get prepared a few days ahead of time with what you’re going to wear and how you’re going to get to the interview.
- Spend some time daydreaming about walking into the interview room confidently with great posture, a nice smile and a firm handshake. Practicing in your mind what you’ll do and say will remind you how to act when the time comes.
- Do whatever you need to do to shake your nerves on interview day. Take a walk, workout at the gym, meditate or try another healthy way to relax.
Above all, remember all the small successes that got you to this point. You got this!
Does CRC Surface Technologies do background checks?
Unfortunately, we can’t say. Online reports aren’t clear.
Below is critical information about how background checks are completed across the United States:
Is your criminal record is clean for the last seven years? Then, don’t worry if you’re applying for a job in these states. That’s because they don’t check back further than that.
- New Hampshire*
- New York*
(*sometimes certain pay or salary brackets require one.)
The states that follow don’t take note of any not guilty verdicts in background checks:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
Employers in these states will see your entire criminal record when they background check you, though:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Unfortunately, there aren’t many reviews on Glassdoor. They have a 2.8 out of 5-star rating that could be a little biased.
Here’s another way to view the company. CRC Surface Technologies has been named one of the Top Finishing Shops by Products Finishing Magazine three years in a row — 2016, 2017 and 2018. In addition, they’ve been recognized among the Best of the Best Arizona companies for workplace safety.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
CRC Surface Technologies relies on employees who are hard workers and good team players. Also, workplace safety is a priority. With that in mind, let’s look at convictions that might concern the hiring manager:
If you have a record that includes drug and alcohol offenses, that might be a problem. The company depends on staff who can show up to work and put in an honest effort without using substances.
What’s more, any history of assault-related charges will make the hiring manager think twice about hiring you. They need people who can cooperate with others on the job and control their temper.
Does CRC Surface Technologies drug test?
It appears that the company does drug test. Their website says that they participate in the Federal Aviation Administration Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
Help us out! Can you answer the question: Does CRC Surface Technologies hire felons? Your experience can really help someone else out!