Working at Godfather’s Pizza offers a great atmosphere and great food — but does Godfather’s Pizza hire felons?
We were interested in finding an answer too. That’s why Successful Release contacted the company directly to ask about their hiring policies for former felons. Our purpose for this is to help make your job hunt a little easier. What would you think if we told you that many of us at Successful Release have a criminal history or have worked closely with someone who does? We well we have, and this is how we are able to know which key questions need to be asked.
Here are just a few of the key questions we will answer:
- Does Godfather’s Pizza do background checks?
- What is Godfather’s Pizza’s hiring policy?
- Does Godfather’s Pizza hire people with misdemeanors?
- What have other employees said about working here?
- Does Godfather’s Pizza drug test?
Ready to find out more? Let’s go!
Does Godfather’s Pizza hire felons?
Official company policy for hiring felons
Here is what Godfather’s had to say:
“Our company policy on hiring individuals with past convictions is that HR will need to give approval for hire. By doing this, we are able to determine all the facts involving the situation and make sure we comply with EEOC guidelines on applicants objectively.”
—Roxanne Mason, HR Manager
Has Godfather’s Pizza hired felons in the past?
Godfather’s told us that they have!
This is always the best news, so let’s move on to see how to get hired at Godfather’s Pizza with a felony.
Does Godfather’s Pizza hire people with misdemeanors?
We understand that individuals with misdemeanors struggle finding jobs too. This is why we made sure to look for anything that touched on this topic.
However, we didn’t uncover anything on this. Since we know that they have hired former felons, it would be our guess that they would also hire someone with a misdemeanor.
Is Godfather’s Pizza on the Ban the Box List?
No, Godfather’s Pizza isn’t one of the companies that supports the Ban the Box.
Did you know that the Ban the Box was designed with the former felon in mind? Yes, their main purpose is to give people with a criminal record a fair chance at getting hired — despite their record. The questions about criminal histories you normally see on applications have been removed by all employers on this list.
When a company isn’t on Ban the Box, it’s slim they’ll have taken the Fair Chance Business Pledge. This an agreement made by companies that have chosen to commit to fair hiring practices for all, including former felons. Unsurprisingly, Godfather’s hasn’t made this Pledge just yet.
Luckily, it isn’t required to be a supporter of either of these initiatives in order to hire a former felon! Godfather’s knows this too.
Does Godfather’s Pizza have special programs for hiring felons?
No, they don’t.
What are the odds someone with a felony will get hired?
So, wait. Does Godfather’s Pizza hire felons? The told us they do, which is why the odds of getting hired at Godfather’s Pizza with a felony are high! However, keep in mind they don’t ban the box and there’s not a large enough online community to say if they hire former offenders often. And don’t forget they’ll run your charges by HR to make sure you’re a fit.
So let’s keep reading to see what tips are provided on how to get a job at Godfather’s Pizza with a felony.
What are some entry-level jobs?
Since we know Godfather’s Pizza is in the restaurant field, their main focus will be on their customers and the service provided. Here are a few examples:
- Front of House — This job will require a lot of interacting with customers. A good, friendly attitude and a smiling face will be the greatest skill you can provide for this job. You will have to be on your feet for the majority of your shift serving and assisting customers. Some basic math skills and the ability to be a team player will also be necessary for this job.
- Back of House — Do you enjoy cooking? If so, this is the position for you. Attention to detail and being able to follow food guidelines will be necessary for this job. Requirements will include being a team player and keeping the dining area clean and organized.
- Driver — Some people like to drive and if so this will be a great position for you. Delivering pizza sounds easy enough but you will need a good sense of direction and be able to stick to a delivery schedule. Must be 18 years old, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, current car insurance, effective communication skills, and basic math skills. A high school diploma or GED is preferred. Also must be able to work well with others.
How to get hired at Godfather’s Pizza with a felony
Getting hired here may seem like a sure thing . . . but is it? There were a couple of things we wanted to make sure that you were prepared for when applying.
Now, they don’t request a resume. However, it’s in your best interest to have one prepared to present at the interview. Most people dread the resume, but as luck would have it — you don’t have to!
We have dedicated an entire section to the resume to make this process a little easier for you.
We provide some great tips on spicing up your resume and how to include skills you learned while you were in prison. You don’t think your prison skills count? Well, think about that cafeteria job you had. You now experience in a restaurant setting, as well as cleaning and customer service.
For the interview, there will be a few basic reminders to make the interview go smoothly.
- Remember to relax and be yourself so you can allow your genuine character and personality to shine through, your personality can be your best asset.
- Being on time is always important, but Godfather’s Pizza speaks on this on their job descriptions. It would be a great idea to arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- If your background is addressed — be honest. The best thing to remember is that your honesty will speak volumes about your character. Use the opportunity to your advantage so you can answer any questions they may have concerning your conviction.
- And don’t forget to ask for your free pizza after your interview!
Does Godfather’s Pizza do background checks?
There was nothing we found that speaks on this one way or the other. However, since they did tell us that their HR will have to give approval for hire, we would assume that yes they do.
Something to keep in mind regarding background checks:
There are now several states that only look at an offense if it’s less than seven years old. Here are those states:
- New Hampshire
- New York
We even have some states that’ll only see only guilty convictions. They are as follows:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
It’s unfortunate that we still have states that will look at everything. The following are those states:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Looking over the company reviews on glassdoor.com, we saw that Godfather’s Pizza earned 3.6 out of 5 stars. This is a good score for a restaurant setting!
Working at Godfather’s Pizza is a fun job that provides discounts, but it requires long hours on your feet and sometimes not-so-nice customers.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
Since Godfather’s Pizza made it clear that felons have to be approved through their HR, we know there will be a few convictions that might have a harder time getting their foot in the door. Here are a few we think they may look closer at:
- Theft or fraudulent credit card use — Any position at Godfather’s Pizza that will have access to cash and credit cards may not be a great position to apply for if you have these convictions.
- Any violent or sexual charges — These convictions are usually looked at for customer service jobs, like front of house positions, since those jobs will include interacting with the public.
- Any driving offense — If you’re applying for a delivery position, these offenses will make it difficult to prove you’d be a good driver for them.
Does Godfather’s Pizza drug test?
We always suggest that anytime you are looking for a new job you’re prepared for a drug screen. That being said, there was nothing we see that says if Godfather’s Pizza will request a drug test or not.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
Have you worked here? What do you know about how to get a job at Godfather’s Pizza with a felony? We welcome your feedback!