Do you think a staffing agency might be the way to go to find the right job? Are you a former felon living in Massachusetts wondering: Does KNF&T hire felons?
If you’d like to pursue a position in health care, accounting and finance, human resources, or another professional field, continue reading this article. We’re going to help you get a job at KNF&T with a felony. We’ll be addressing the following questions, plus more:
- Does KNF&T hire people with misdemeanors?
- Is KNF&T on the Ban the Box list?
- Does KNF&T do background checks?
- How do I apply for a position at KNF&T?
Many of our team members are former felons, so we know the anxiety job searching can cause. That’s why we directly contact companies and ask them if they hire former felons. We’ve done the background research so you don’t have to. Successful Release dedicates our time to helping former felons get back on their feet and on with their lives.
Let’s continue and take a look at how to get hired at KNF&T with a record.
Does KNF&T hire felons?
Official company policy for hiring felons
We’ve yet to make contact with KNF&T, but we hope to do so soon. In the meantime, we’ll continue our efforts to get an answer. In the meantime, continue reading to learn other important information we’ve discovered about how to get a job with KNF&T Staffing Resources.
Has KNF&T hired felons in the past?
At this time, we can neither confirm nor deny KNF&T has hired felons in the past. Online research has not provided an answer either way.
Does KNF&T hire people with misdemeanors?
We’re unsure if KNF&T will hire people with misdemeanors.
Is KNF&T on the Ban the Box list?
Ban the Box is a campaign to rid applications of the box asking if the applicant has been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony. A part of this initiative includes the Fair Chance Business Pledge, a Pledge by companies to look beyond a person’s past and to focus on their current situation.
KNF&T is not on the Ban the Box list nor has signed the Pledge, but that’s okay. It’s a relatively new campaign and names are being added all the time.
Does KNF&T have special programs for hiring felons?
Unfortunately, KNF&T doesn’t offer any special programs for felons at this time. They do, however, pledge to place unemployed and underemployed Boston residents into good jobs.
What are the odds someone with a felony will get hired?
Our research shows your odds are uncertain for getting hired at KNF&T with a felony. That’s because we haven’t received a response from the company and they’re not on the Ban the Box list. There’s also no online information that shows they’ve hired felons in the past.
Not only that, but whether or not you get hired could be determined by the company KNF&T is hiring for.
This doesn’t mean you won’t get a job there. You’ll just have to try a little harder and be honest about your background.
What are some entry-level jobs?
Because KNF&T is a staffing agency focusing on a professional environment, there are several types of entry level positions. A few of these include:
- Data entry
- Accounts Receivables
Keep in mind that these positions, responsibilities and duties, hours, and length of contract will vary with each client company.
How to get hired at KNF&T with a felony
Their webpage states the company has a meticulous screening and interviewing process. Knowing this, you’ll need to be prepared to address your record when you apply. To do so, first you need to fill out their online resume.
Remember, this is a staffing agency, so including your skills and training will provide more employment options.
Do you have any of the following experience or skills?
- Human Resource
Let them know where your skills came from. Did you receive special training while in prison? Did you go to school? Or maybe you worked outside jobs? Did you teach yourself?
If you’re unsure about your resume or just not feeling confident, Successful Release has a resume guide specifically for former felons. For additional help or resources, your local employment agency, high school or community college are also options.
Next, we’ll go over some helpful interviewing tips for KNF&T:
- Dress in neat, clean business-casual clothes with appropriately-styled hair. You’ll most likely be working in a professional office environment, so you don’t want to show up to your interview in jeans, a t-shirt and messy hair.
- It’s best to cover any tattoos, piercings or augmentations you have at first. You can ask about the company’s policy on these at the end of the interview.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your interview. You’ll have time to get yourself together and show KNF&T that you’re serious about a position with them.
- Make eye contact, smile and be friendly, not but overly friendly. This is a business interview, not a coffee date with friends.
- Be positive and confident in your answers. This is the same for sensitive questions — always find the positive in your answer.
- Express your interest in the company. Let them know you’re interested and highlight your skills and experience.
- Be honest about your past. There’s no point in hiding anything. They’ll find out eventually and it could cost you your job.
- Ask questions at the end of the interview. It’s your chance to clarify exactly what is expected of you as an employee and them as a company.
Does KNF&T do background checks?
On their website, KNF&T says that they’ll perform a background check.
Here’s what you need to know about background checks:
The following states won’t look at information seven years or older:
- New Hampshire*
- New York*
(* sometimes certain pay or salary bracket positions require one.)
Even better, these eight states won’t bother with any court cases where you were found not guilty:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
However, these next states will look at your whole record, including the not guilty verdicts:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
We jumped online to research KNF&T’s ratings. Glassdoor.com rates them at 4.2 out of 5 stars. Of the 40 reviews, most say the interview process was easy and job searching was worry-free. Complaints included delays in follow-up after submitting resumes.
Obviously this is a small sample size, so make sure to form your own opinion.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
Does KNF&T hire felons? While we’re unsure if KNF&T will hire felons, there are certain felonies that might hurt your chances. Since you’ll be working through a staffing agency, each job you apply to will have slightly different turnoffs. However, based on what we know about KNF&T, we think the following may make it harder to get hired here:
- Financial crimes are going to be difficult if working in accounting positions.
- Violent crimes might pose a problem when working directly with the public.
- Theft crimes could be tough for the company’s administrative positions.
Keep in mind that this isn’t an exhaustive list. It’ll come down to the client company’s hiring stipulations. You’ll want to think about the position you’re trying to obtain within KNF&T’s client base and how it fits with your record.
Does KNF&T drug test?
Our team was unable to find any firsthand information on whether or not KNF&T drug tests. But, because it’s better to be safe than sorry, you should proceed as if they do.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
Were you able to use the information in this article to get a job at KNF&T with a felony? We’d love to hear about it. Plus, it’s a chance for you to help others who are in the same situation!