Would you call yourself a computer whiz? If you’d enjoy a job in technology, we can answer: Does Newegg hire felons?
Successful Release communicates directly with companies to find out their policy on hiring former felons. What’s more, we answer more questions like:
- Does Newegg do background checks or test for drugs?
- What are some good interview tips?
- What skills do I need to have for a job here?
When you job hunt with a criminal record, you need all the help you can get. We know. Many of us have criminal backgrounds too. We’re here to assist you with your job search.
Does Newegg hire felons?
Official company policy for hiring felons
We don’t have this yet. We’re still reaching out to the company.
Has Newegg hired felons in the past?
There’s no evidence online that they’ve hired felons in the past.
Does Newegg hire people with misdemeanors?
It’s uncertain. But, remember misdemeanors are not as serious as felonies, so don’t be discouraged from applying.
Is Newegg on the Ban the Box list?
Unfortunately, no. You can’t rely on the Ban the Box list to get a job at Newegg with a felony. If they were on the list, you could be sure they’d look at your job skills before your criminal history. That’s because Ban the Box companies don’t have a criminal record check box on their application forms.
Additionally, Newegg hasn’t taken the Fair Chance Business Pledge. Employers who take the pledge promise they’ll treat all job candidates the same, whether or not they’re former felons.
Even so, the company says they’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and don’t discriminate on protected grounds.
Does Newegg have special programs for hiring felons?
No. Newegg doesn’t have a special program for hiring felons.
What are the odds someone with a felony will get hired?
The odds are uncertain. This is why we believe this:
- We don’t have their official policy on hiring former felons yet.
- The company’s website has no information about how to get hired at Newegg with a criminal record.
- They aren’t on the Ban the Box list and haven’t signed the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
- There are no online comments that say Newegg does or doesn’t hire people with a felony or misdemeanor background.
Basically, there’s not a lot to go on!
What are some entry-level jobs?
Below are a few examples of entry-level jobs that we found. You’ll need a high school diploma to apply. Be aware: The positions also require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Client Service Representative — Provides client service including selling products, giving advice and billing customers.
Merchandising Planner — Orders new stock, tracks purchase orders and manages vendor agreements.
How to get hired at Newegg with a felony
Start here. Read up on what working at Newegg is like. The more you know about what it’s like to work there, the better you can prepare to apply.
Here are some ways you can use the information when your write a resume:
- Customer satisfaction is the company’s top priority.
- Highlight your customer service job responsibilities. Give details like how many people you served in a day, quotas you met, etc.
- Include any awards you received.
- Did any customers praise you? Mention a congratulations letter or positive performance review from your boss.
- Employee testimonials talk about teamwork, challenge, opportunity and growth.
- Show that you’ve got drive by listing a few career goals.
- Describe when you worked as part of a team and what you accomplished.
- Are you willing to learn on the job? Say when you’ve done this before.
- Explain how you’ve improved yourself by taking courses or grown through doing volunteer work — including during your incarceration.
The company is focused on meeting customers’ needs and giving excellent service. If you want to get a job at Newegg with a felony, you need to show that you’ll be a good hire. Here are some tips to make a great first impression:
- Demonstrate respect — The courtesy you show to the receptionist, hiring manager and everyone in between is an indication of how you treat customers.
- Be well-organized — Bringing your identification, a copy of your resume and a list of references tells the hiring manager that you pay attention to details. That’s important in sales.
- Speak with enthusiasm — Display your passion for collaborating with coworkers to do a great day’s work.
- Show pride — What have you accomplished that you value? This may be the time to explain how you’re successfully resettling in the community with your record.
- Follow through and follow up — If there’s information you didn’t bring with you that the hiring manager needs, make sure to quickly provide it. Also, check back later to find out if the position has been filled. If you didn’t get the job, this is the perfect time to ask how you can improve.
Does Newegg do background checks?
It’s unclear what the company’s background checks consist of. Be ready that they might verify any information you provide to them, from what’s in your resume to the answers you give to interview questions.
Make sure you read the following important information about the way background checks are done by state:
If your record’s clean for the last seven years, you can relax in the following states. Plus, Newegg’s headquarters is in one of these states — California!
- New Hampshire*
- New York*
(* sometimes certain pay or salary bracket positions require one.)
The states below don’t review offenses where you were found not guilty:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
But, most states take a look at your entire record. That includes not guilty verdicts. Here’s a list of these states:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
On Glassdoor, the company is rated 2.5 stars out of a possible 5 by 374 staff. Only 35% would refer a friend to work there and just 23% approved of the CEO.
The numbers are a little better on Indeed. For instance, 186 employees give Newegg 3.1 out of 5 stars. The highest mark (3.2) is for work-life balance and the lowest (2.7) is for management. Only 51% approve of the CEO.
If you’re thinking of applying to Newegg, these are not the best ratings.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
Do you have a criminal record for fraud, theft or embezzlement? Offenses such as these might be a problem when you apply to Newegg. That’s because you might be handling customer accounts and the company has to know stealing isn’t a risk if they hire you.
What about offenses where the victim was threatened or physically harmed? Assault-related crimes can suggest to the hiring manager that you have a problem controlling your temper. Your job at Newegg depends on treating customers well and collaborating with other employees. That’s not just being cooperative! It means you must have really good communication skills.
So, how does Newegg hire people with misdemeanors? The same types of offenses might make it harder for you to get hired, even if they weren’t treated as felonies.
Does Newegg drug test?
There are some online comments saying that Newegg tests for drugs. Other people say they weren’t given a drug test. In other words, we’re not sure! It might depend on the location.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
Here’s your chance! How can you help us with the question: Does Newegg hire felons?